Life of a West Texas transplant in NYC.
Sometimes I absolutely love Christmas carols. And then I hear gems like “Grown up Christmas Wish” and I want to never hear a Christmas carol ever again. EVER. But then I hear Mr. Michael Buble sing “have yourself a merry little christmas” and we’re back on track.
Laduree opening in manhattan! I can’t decide if that is amazing or horrible!
10 things I love about this short-work-day, holiday Friday
1. Meeting a friend for burgers and shakes at the burger joint.
2. Sitting in the sun and reading British Vogue along the Highline.
3. My crazy outfit today: pale blue pants and a navy blazer (channeling east coast prep-school I guess!)
4. A weekend of Alexander McQueen, lobster rolls, BBQs and beaches to look forward to!
5. Although I’m sad my hero of a little brother isn’t with us this year on his favorite holiday, we will be welcoming him back in about 2 months!!
6. A new, lovely J. Crew bathing suit on it’s way to mi casa!
7. Celebrating, from afar and in my heart, my grandfather’s 80th birthday!! Wish I could be in the mountains celebrating with them, but so glad my mom is able to be there!
8. Making a blueberry pie from scratch on the 4th!!
9. Fireworks on the Hudson
10. This crazy, ridiculous, wonderful, insane country I call home.
Only good thing about being sick on a Saturday night, time to watch “Out of Africa.” Digging a young smokin’ Robert Redford and the safari style.
Began cleaning out my room for the big move (just to another apt. in NYC) which is going down in about 6 weeks. 2 garbage bags of books and 5 garbage bags of clothes later, I still feel like I have SO MUCH STUFF! I moved here with two suitcases! 2! How did I acquire this much crap in 4 years?! Word of the summer: Edit.